Friday, August 14, 2009

I am available for contract work

It's been a long time since I last put up a post on this blog! I kind of got buried in my work which got more hectic since we had a few layoffs, which is when I finally decided to take a break, after 5 long but incredibly exciting years, and spend some time with my 2 year old daughter. I had an absolutely wonderful time the last few months taking it easy, but now the time has come to get back in the game!

I recently peeked into the MSDN magazine (July edition) and noticed this article - 'Taking Silverlight Deep Zoom to the Next Level' - by Jeff Prosise, and suddenly realized how much I missed doing this Deep Zoom stuff. The first half of his article is similar to some of the code I have on this blog. I was kind of surprised by this since I thought that no one would be interested in reading this stuff because it was so old - so last year! :) Apparently people are still interested in Deep Zoom related articles. I corroborated this by looking at the hits this blog has been receiving and I was surprised that the activity in the recent few months has been more than last year. I thought this was hot last year when we got a glimpse of the hard rock site but I guess lots of developers have been recently getting into Silverlight, especially Deep Zoom related.

Anyways, I am free and passively looking for a contract assignment in .Net, Silverlight etc. I enjoy spending time with my daughter and would like to continue doing that so I am not looking for any assignment that includes travel (minimal travel like a day here and there is fine). So if you have an opening which doesn't include travel and think that I could be a good addition to your team (based on what you see on this blog), give me a buzz and we can chat.

Cheers,

Wilfred
contactwilfred@yahoo.com
Los Angeles, CA

No comments: