- Source property change is not handled well! There seems to be a workaround for non collection images but in general it seems to be broken - http://silverlight.net/forums/p/11709/44231.aspx#44231
- Cross domain not working! Hosting the application and the deep zoom images in different domains does not work - http://silverlight.net/forums/p/13152/43883.aspx#43883
- MultiScaleImage loses the image resolution after ScaleTransform! I noticed this when getting in/out of full screen mode as well - http://silverlight.net/forums/p/13014/42316.aspx#42316
- MultiScaleImage only supports absolute paths! See my previous post for an example of how Vertigo worked around this (same domain only) - http://silverlight.net/forums/p/12182/40164.aspx#40164
- Transparent images are not supported in collection mode? http://forums.expression.microsoft.com/en-US/thread/7f5aace6-9ab1-4503-8b34-f0378b731e98
Sunday, April 6, 2008
Deep Zoom - Known issues
I spent a few days on the silverlight forums to see if there were any known issues with the current Deep Zoom beta release. The below list of my findings is mainly to help me keep track of the issues so that I don't spend a good amount of my time trying to fix what cannot be fixed (or can it?)!